Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Take a look at THIS!

This is 48 boxes of cereal which we got for a knock your socks off deal! Allow me to explain...

My mother-in-law and a lady in her ward are amazingly good at coupons. They get good deals all the time! This time, they were kind enough to bring me along. :) :) :)
So, Albertsons runs a deal for certain kinds of cereal- A box is $2.50 BUT if you buy them in sets of 8, they are reduced to 1.50 a box. 
Then, they printed a bunch of manufacturer's coupons from the internet for $1.00 off 2 boxes of certain cereals. THEN Albertsons had run a deal in the their coupons that they will double any manufacturers coupons up to a $1.00. (3 doubles per transaction).
So, what did we do? We bought cereal that fell under both the manefacturer's coupons and the $2.50 a box deal. BUT we bought them in sets of 8 which meant that they were then $1.50 a box. Then we used the doubler coupons and doubled the discount on 3 coupons for every 8 boxes we bought. Are you following?
So, we ended up paying about 68 cents a box and saved over $150.00 dollars! AMAZING OR WHAT!?!?! To me, this is crazy! mind boggling! I really love having a SUPER smart mother-in-law. I totally recommend them! :)

 CEREAL TO THE CEILING BAAAABBBY!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I really want to know and be patient enough to figure out how to do this. And you look so cute and so does your apartment. I love you! And for some reason I cannot erase this word-->Okay

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I am so jealous right now! I LOVE cereal! I would give anything for that deal!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing DEAL!!! I love the picture of you with the boxes of cereal, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete