Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." Rose Franken

Tyson has been doing an internship at Cooper Norman (accounting firm) this tax season and works so much! I hate not seeing him so much. The days are so long and there are many nights he comes home and goes straight to bed. He is loving the work. Which is great! But the long days and weeks are really taking a toll on us...especially me. 
So, we have been trying to make date night EXTRA special. Tyson always tries to get off early on Friday nights so that we can have a good night together. Here are some recent dates we had:

1. CAMPING in the house:

When Tyson came home from work, I had a note and a backpack waiting for him on the front porch. Here is the note: (It's a spin off the movie "UP")



Good Afternoon Wilderness Explorer!
     Evening

Are you ready to become SENIOR wilderness explorer? It will be dangerous! But muster your courage because you are about to have the time of your life!

In order to take on the honorable title of ‘SENIOR WILDERNESS EXPLORER’, you will need to accomplish certain tasks:

1.    Get your gear ON and READY! You’ll find them in the backpack. (What is that? You just came from work and have work clothes on? NO EXCUSES! Put them on over top!!! This is serious business!!! And don’t forget to put the backpack on when you are done.)
2.  Find a wilderness (You’re in LUCK! There is one right through the door you are facing!)
3.  Light the fire (grill) because NO senior wilderness explorer will allow himself to freezeor starve.
4.  Knock on the door once and ring twice for further instructions.

GOOD LUCK!
“THE WILDERNESS MUST BE EXPLORED! KA KA RAAAWR!!!”

It was way funny. He did according to the note and when I let him in. I quickly snapped a picture: 
When he walked in, there was camping sounds playing on itunes in the background. haha (I am SUPER silly but it was so fun!) 

We grilled hot dogs and had potato salad, etc... (notice girl scout cookies, YUM!)

THEN we built a fort/tent:
It was super sweet... :)
Once it was up, we snuggled up inside and did a really fun crossword puzzle about camping and watched a movie. 
Super silly date but those make the BEST ones. We had a blast!!!


2. Play Dough Date
For this date, we made homemade play dough. We blind folded each other and then sculpted each other! Here is what we came up with...
I just can't get enough of Tyson's attempt at my pregnant belly, so here is the side view:
 LOL. He is such an artist! 

I love being married to Tyson! We have so much fun together and LOVE being together. I guess that is why I miss him so badly during those long days.
 

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love it. Matt and I are so doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun!! we miss u guys!! we are going to Twin this weekend..you should come haha! we can't wait to live in rexburg again and hopefully see you guys more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Heather, I sure do like you. Can't wait to see you and your cute little belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute heather. this sounds like so much fun i might have to use some of your ideas here at my house! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are so cute! Jonathan and I need to have more creative dates like these! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. i just gave you an award on my blog! come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete