Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our cute little man

(Ok-not the best picture. I need to get Tyson to take one.)
So, as you can see, I have a very small belly for 31 weeks. This has been kind of stressful because every time I go into the doctor, the nurse makes a big deal about how they need to watch me really close because the baby might not be growing right etc. 

Well, I just had an appointment today and I am still really small. So the nurse talks to the doctor and the doctor has a nurse practitioner come in and re-measure me and afterward she says, "You are pretty small. I think it would be a good idea to get an ultrasound." Of course I start freaking out inside and saying lots of prayers!

So, the ultrasound tech comes in and starts the ultrasound...
After a looong couple of minutes of her measuring different parts of his body,  I'm happy to report that everything is good and normal. phew! In fact, he is in the 64th percentile. He is a bigger than average baby. Which blows my mind!
After the stress was over, this ended up being the BEST ULTRASOUND EVER!!!!!!!
She zoomed right into his face, which you could see pretty clear. AND IT WAS ADORABLE. I was pretty much squealing like a little girl the whole time. lol I couldn't help it. 
His little eyes were closed and at one point he opened and closed his mouth a couple of times and stuck his tongue out! She also showed me that he has a bunch of peach fuss on his head. He is probably going to have a lot of hair! I couldn't believe how cramped he is in there too. The ultrasound tech said that I am probably carrying him either really low and/or back further because I am hiding him really well. 
What a relief it was and an answer to my prayers! I can't wait to meet him in person! He is going to be so dang cute! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is good!! I wish I carried as small as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so adorable!I stayed small with both my kids. We must carry our kids the same way!! I'm glad everything is going well!!

    ReplyDelete