Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Turkey Day Festivities

Okay, I know it's a little late to be posting about Thanksgiving. 
I mean, that was centuries ago!
But still, I had to do it!
Why?
Because this was my first Thanksgiving with Tyson's family and his grandmom had some cute traditions that I wanted to share!

First off, the tables... they are amazing. 
My family NEVER EVER EVER gets this fancy


The theme this Thanksgiving was the Mayflower
Notice the ships...
(so cute! I never thought of doing a theme)

This one is a weird side view...it's hard to see but this was my favorite ship:)


SO CUTE! Grandmom helped all the younger cousins make these little tootsie roll ships and they were placed next to each plate.
The kids loved them and made them into HUGE balls of tootsie roll and stuffed them into their mouths. YUCK!

As part of the theme, Grandmom assigned two of the younger cousins to stand up at certain points of the meal and tell us a little about the Mayflower. It was really interesting stuff that I had never learned before. And so fun to have that as part of the meal. It helped keep the focus on where Thanksgiving came from and to be grateful for this wonderful country.

Lastly, I had to show you this. All the cute little girls cousins made a turkey out of the stuff from the veggie plate. SO cute!




It was a memorable Thanksgiving, that's for sure!



1 comment:

  1. That is fanciness and organization and creativity! LOVE IT! Love the Mayflower theme, brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete