Thursday, August 5, 2010

"...the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be they excercise faith in him..." 1 Nephi 7:12

As of late, I have had time to reflect on Life.
 How GRATEFUL I am, for the knowledge that I have that we have a Father in Heaven and he is very involved in the details of our lives. We are not alone.
This was reaffirmed to me this last week. 


July 30, 2010:
My family and I were in St. George, Utah at our "Phillips' Family Reunion"! (Which is my mom's family.)
We all were arriving at the LDS church building near my grandparent's house for a day of games and crafts. Not very long after we arrived, My grandpa started having chest pains and getting out of breath. Then, it got worse, his arms starting going numb and the pain worsened. He called for my grandmother and she rushed him to the hospital. Which was luckily, near the church. He was rushed in and stabilized but he did indeed suffer a massive heart attack.
I'm sure many of you have had a loved one go through something like this. So, you know how hard and scary it is.
It was truly so scary and we were all sick with worry. We gathered together as a family and had a prayer for him. Its hard to describe how touching it was to gather as a family in prayer. Many of us aren't LDS and we all don't share common beliefs but we came together in the unity of love. And all our hearts turned to our Father in Heaven for help. We relied on him. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed. It meant a lot to me to see this family that I love unified in such a way. It was a little bit of heaven for me.
Since then, my grandfather has had open heart surgery-4 bypasses. We are so grateful he is still with us.
This reunion was a special one. My testimony was strengthened as I witnessed God doing a marvelous work in our family and in my heart.
My grandpa is doing well and I thank God for that. But if he wouldn't have made it, I find peace in the knowledge that he is my grandpa forever.
And I truly thank God for that. 

1 comment:

  1. I really wish we could we have been there. It sounds that was an amazing experience. I'm so grateful Grandpa is okay! It is such a blessing that you guys were so close to the church! We are dyyyyyyyyyying to see you guys too! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete