I feel so blessed that God has once again called prophets to guide His church. It is always so exciting when General Conference comes around (twice a year) because we can listen to him, President Monson, and other church leaders speak what the Lord wants us to know! I hope that I can instill in my children how important this conference is so they will make it a priority in their life! I also want them, when they are young and incapable of understanding all that's going on, to still look forward to it.
I think one simple way to do that is to have some FUN family traditions.
Here are a few we have:
1. extra-Yummy Breakfast
(We are starting this one this conference and I couldn't be more excited)- Saturday morning, before the session starts, we will have a big yummy breakfast that consists of-bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, orange juice and... Cinnamon Roll Pancakes! yummy!
2. Conference Trail Mix.
I don't know about you, but I always stay WAY more focused when I have something in my mouth. We got this idea a while back from a teacher in Rexburg. We make the ULTIMATE mix(in my opinion:)).
I make it with mixed nuts, then EXTRA cashews (they are my fav), LOTS of m&ms, pretzels, CRAISINS, and CHOCOLATE Teddy Grahams.
3. Conference Sundae
We had this tradition growing up and are continuing it in our little family. You typically do this for the last session of Conference. Each question that is answered gives you an essential part of an ice cream sundae which will be enjoyed as a family afterwards!
What traditions does your family have? I would LOVE to hear!










ummm...I think I need that cinnamon roll pancake recipe!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
ReplyDeletei want that recipe too! i'm going to be a copycat with all this, maybe tweak it a little :)
ReplyDeletewe would play conference bingo as kids. so whenever the topic of testimony, scriptures, etc. was talked about, we could cover that square on the bingo card!
haha, i just realized you put the link to the recipe under the photo :)
ReplyDeleteCute ideas Heather. I am printing a coy of the conference sundae to have on file. Thanks for coming over today. I am excited to have you and Alli as my Visiting Teachers. We also like to play Conference Bingo.
ReplyDelete